- turn on Marek, foghorn and colonel
- Make sure Marek is connected to Foghorn, via the cable labeled "connects marek to Foghorn". This cable has a gold pin like connector that goes into the back of marek. The cable has some BNC connectors in the middle. And at the other end, a BNC connector goes into the interconnect box port 9.
- turn on all scripts on foghorn and colonel to run stims. make sure "acquire data" is on.
- On marek, open Labview. Run ccd_triggeredmovieacquire_bkup.vi. [ do NOT run any other similar sounding projects! ]
- on foghorn, 'Run' whatever stim you want to run. The prompt for "please confirm acquisition..." will come on. DO NOT press ok yet.
- Go to marek and set up acquisition: 1. set up Manual acquire directory; make sure to give a name to acquisition directory. 2. set 'video frame/data frame' to 1; and 'data frame/trigger' to 300 (this will collect 10 sec video at 30 fps).
- click white arrow to run, and then click Go button
- Go to foghorn and click OK
- move back to Marek. If acquisition is working right, 1. at top left corner the 'framenumber' panel should start from 1 and go up to 299, 2. the 'image 2' window at bottom right should start showing the images
- when 'framenumber' at top left reaches 299, click 'Stop' button, then click red stop octagon to stop the acquisition program.
- Check if tiff files were collected in the specified directory. You can open as image sequence in ImageJ to confirm if video looks alright.